Q. Why is CrowdKat Useful?
- CK provides real-time crowd views of venues
- CK lets users see the type of crowd before they arrive
- CK lets users see the crowd’s dress/age/sex/vibe/noise level/etc.
Q. Why would anyone use CrowdKat?
- So they can know how crowded it is before they go
- So they don’t waste time at a venue with a crowd they don’t want
Q. Who would use CrowdKat?
- Everyone who wants a sneak peak of the crowd before they go would find value in CrowdKat
Q. When would they use CrowdKat?
- They would look at pictures/videos before they plan on going out
- They would look at pictures/videos while out to find a new or better venue
- They would use when traveling to scope out a venue they’re not familiar with or to choose among multiple venues
Q. Who takes CrowdKat pictures/videos?
- Users take pictures to pay-it-forward and build the community
- CK users take pictures to respond to community requests
- Venues & their staff take CK pictures/videos to show the crowd inside their establishment
Q. Why would I tell someone about CrowdKat?
- Users share the app with their friends, colleagues and family so the CrowdKat database stays fresh & grows
Q. How do I use CrowdKat?
- The app has a tutorial which can always be accessed by tapping the settings button in the upper left corner of the app’s homepage
- Watch the tutorial at the top of the homepage (the 4th button)
Q. Does CrowdKat eat up my memory?
- No, once you approve a picture or video for the CrowdKat community, your cache is cleared.
Q. Where do I get CrowdKat?
- Version 1.0 is available only on IOS Ver 8.0 or higher and can be downloaded at the Apple App Store
Q. Where does CrowdKat’s information come from?
- CrowdKat relies on the user community to keep the data fresh and current
- CrowdKat also welcomes pictures and videos from a venue’s management and staff.
Q. How current is CrowdKat’s information?
- CrowdKat’s video and picture database is a current as the last upload.
- CrowdKat is a pay-it-forward model and relies on users to recognize the value of current information.
- The CrowdKat community can see the time stamp on every video and picture uploaded.
Q. Will CrowdKat work everywhere?
- CrowdKat works mostly everywhere although malls and large enclosed multi-store environments can sometimes pose a challenge. We will continue to refine and enhance CrowdKat so it can be used everywhere
Q. How do I optimize my settings to ensure the best CrowdKat experience?
- You will optimize the CrowdKat experience by keeping location services & WiFi enabled.
- We have optimized CrowdKat to ensure minimal battery usage when locations services are running in background
Q. Can CrowdKat be used everywhere today?
- Yes, but we recognize the importance of building a community to maximize the CK experience.
Therefore we will launch CrowdKat city by city starting with PHILADELPHIA
- We will announce on our website and through our social media outlets our launch schedule. If you want to help your city jump the line, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notwithstanding the comments above, CK can be used anywhere in the world today; however, without active community involvement the user experience will be suboptimal and limited to the few community members in your geographic area using the app.
Q. How do I know when a request has been fulfilled?
- If you have enabled notifications on your iPhone, you will receive either a banner notification or an alert.You will also see a red numbered circle at the upper right corner of the CrowdKat homepage.